From Open Legend Wiki
Invocation Time: 1 Major Action
Power Level: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Protection vs. Resolve
Through magical power, technological hacking, or similar means, you are able to nullify your enemy's boons. The nullify bane is often used by abjurers, engineers, bards, and similar characters built to neutralize the powers of their enemy.
You cancel a single boon currently in effect if it is of this bane's power level or lower. The invoking power level further impacts the effect as follows:
- Power Level 1 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 1. You can cancel a boon that must be actively invoked. In addition, the target cannot benefit from or have the target boon invoked upon them for 1 minute.
- Power Level 2 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 2.
- Power Level 3 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 3.
- Power Level 4 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 4.
- Power Level 5 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 5.
- Power Level 6 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 6. You can cancel a boon that is permanent, passive, or inherent to the target (e.g. the invisibility of a Will o' Wisp). Effects that would prevent Nullify from being invoked in this way have no effect. In addition, the target cannot benefit from or have the target boon invoked upon them for 1 minute.
- Power Level 7 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 7.
- Power Level 8 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 8.
- Power Level 9 - Cancel a boon of Power Level 9.
If the targeted boon covers a large area, you can cancel all of it by targeting any portion of the effect you can see, or multi-targeting a number of 5' cubes you believe it to be in. If the targeted boon is affecting an area rather than a creature, you roll against the CR of the boon instead of a Resolve defense. The CR is 10 + 2 x the boon's invoked power level.
This bane is from the core rules, and can be found here on the Main Website
Community Provided Advice/Information
Flavor for Settings
If you have an idea for a flavor for a specific setting, feel free to add it here
This product was created under the Open Legend Community License and contains material that is copyright to Seventh Sphere Entertainment. Such use of Seventh Sphere Entertainment materials in this product is in accordance with the Open Legend Community License and shall not be construed as a challenge to the intellectual property rights reserved by Seventh Sphere Entertainment. Seventh Sphere Entertainment and Open Legend RPG and their respective logos are trademarks of Seventh Sphere Entertainment in the U.S.A. and other countries.
The full-text Open Legend Community License can be found at http://www.openlegendrpg.com/community-license.