From Open Legend Wiki
Duration: Resist ends (Fail x 3 = 1 minute)
Invocation Time: 1 Major Action
Power Level: 2, 4, 6, 8, 9
- Agility vs. Guard
- Energy vs. Guard
- Entropy vs. Toughness
Whether by setting the target ablaze, covering them in acid, slicing an artery, or cursing them with a wasting disease, you inflict your foe with a lasting and recurring source of damage. Persistent damage is a favorite among assassins, mad scientists, and elementalists.
At the beginning of the target's turn, before they take any actions, they suffer damage determined by the power level of the bane. This damage automatically bypasses the afflicted character's defenses but it can be reduced by any resistance to damage of a certain type (see the resistance boon). Like all dice rolls, these dice explode.
- Power Level 2 - 1d4 damage per round.
- Power Level 4 - 1d6 damage per round.
- Power Level 6 - 1d8 damage per round.
- Power Level 8 - 1d10 damage per round.
- Power Level 9 - 2d6 damage per round.
Persistent damage comes in a number of different variations: physical damage (bleeding from a vital strike), energy damage (lightning, fire, cold, acid, etc.) and entropic damage (necromantic energy), among others. Each variation has its own cure. When that cure is applied with a major action (either by the afflicted character or another), the target receives a resist roll (as a free action) with advantage 1 to end the effect. The GM has the final word on whether a proposed cure can help a given type of persistent damage, but the following examples can help with arbitration:
- Bleeding damage is cured with a successful roll using Learning, Logic, or Creation.
- Lightning damage is cured by a discharge or grounding of the current.
- Cold damage is countered with warmth, heat, or fire.
- Acid damage is neutralized with alkalizing agents (powder, milk, etc.).
- Fire damage is neutralized with water or smothering.
- Entropic damage is neutralized with extraordinary or magical healing.
This bane may still be resisted in the usual way of using the resist banes action.
This bane is from the core rules, and can be found here on the Main Website
Community Provided Advice/Information
Flavor for Settings
If you have an idea for a flavor for a specific setting, feel free to add it here
This product was created under the Open Legend Community License and contains material that is copyright to Seventh Sphere Entertainment. Such use of Seventh Sphere Entertainment materials in this product is in accordance with the Open Legend Community License and shall not be construed as a challenge to the intellectual property rights reserved by Seventh Sphere Entertainment. Seventh Sphere Entertainment and Open Legend RPG and their respective logos are trademarks of Seventh Sphere Entertainment in the U.S.A. and other countries.
The full-text Open Legend Community License can be found at http://www.openlegendrpg.com/community-license.